Friday 17 May 2019

Europe

As Scotland vainly attempt to qualify for next years Euros and perchance a chance to play some of the games at not only Wembley but Hampden we Scots are about to leave Europe politically.
I was wandering Ayr High Street the other day when I came across a wee table with none other than the Brexit Party. Led by that forager of a man Nigel Farage. See Channel 4 for an explanation of this immoral charlatan and his access to funds that have not been declared to his employer and paymaster THE EU.
A normally placid man I approached the table. I was unable to fully nor partially explain my complete disdain and extreme dislike for this ‘party’. I ended up shouting ‘shamefull’, loudly and often.
My main, but not sole reason for being a European and by default a remainder lies in Europe. In many parts and countries of Europe the EU is important. Town and village council halls fly the EU flag as the flag , symbol of peace in a Europe that has been at war and in conflict continually and almost perpetually. We in the U.K. have had conflict, only recently resolved.
I do not wish to be a citizen of an insular nation, we are about to implode into ‘Brexit means exit’ insignificance. Well maybe we in Scotland don’t have to.
Anyway, politics enters my football Blog, normally it is only down to the fitba team to exit Europe. Here’s hoping sense prevails and we qualify for Europe next year and we don’t need non EU passports in a non EU airport queue.

Hamish

No comments:

Post a Comment